Skip to main content

Searching for Balance…

balance

I know everyone’s life is crazy anymore! It is hard to find a balance. I’ve been super stressed lately and have forgotten to do the things that I enjoy doing.

When life is busy, or all your energy is focused on a special project, it's all too easy to find yourself "off balance," not paying enough attention to important areas of your life. While you need to have drive and focus if you're going to get things done, taking this too far can lead to frustration and intense stress.

That's when it's time to bring things back into balance.

How about a mantra?

A mantra is the main focus of meditation, a word or a phrase that you use to center your mind. Repeat your word or phrase throughout the day to gain more control and feel calmer.* For example K1, P2, slip 1, ktog, psso*

Keep a routine

Keeping a routine can make a hectic or stressful time in your life an anchor, like drinking a cup of coffee in the morning or sit quietly in your favorite chair or writing in your journal. How about knitting several rows a day or 15 min a day.

Do One Thing at a Time

We become experts with multi-tasking these days, people think more is better. Try to do just one thing at a time. Carefully pay attention to what you are doing, and where you are at the moment. This is also known as mindfulness meditation. Instead of doing lots of things not very well, just do one. *Concentrate on a lace pattern *grin**

Practice Acceptance

Acceptance as a concept appears in Eastern religious concepts such as Buddhist mindfulness, and in human psychology. Religions and psychological treatments often suggest the path of acceptance when a situation is both disliked and unchangeable, or when change may be possible only at great cost or risk. *I finally decide to frog that #%#ing sweater!*

Random Acts of Kindness

Kindness acts give us a deep feeling of purpose. When you do something nice for other, you have a sense of connecting to that person, and it does wonder for the mind. *Teach someone to knit or spin*.

Be Kind to Yourself

You will not be able to take care of anyone or anything else in your life if you’re burned out or run down. Have at least 15 minutes every day to do something pleasurable just for yourself. *go buy yourself that yarn you really want*

It Is OK to Say No

It is challenging to say no on the spot. If you have a hard time saying no, hey blame it on your husband/partner etc.…, *I’m knitting my DH a sweater that he must wear to the game Fri. night*

Simplify your home

Simplify your desk, kitchen counters, or any other spot in the house that collect clutters. You will have more time to do what you love, less stress if you are not overwhelmed with your environment.*yarn excluded*

funny-dog-pictures-knitting-look-so-easy

Happy Knitting!

Comments

  1. Right now I would just settle for sleep! But good points all throughout your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've given me a lot to think about. All of your suggestions make sense. I think I'll print them out and keep them posted on the fridge and do every day.

    Love the picture of the dog.

    Thanks, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture of the rocks on balance. Can I put it on Pinterest?

    Get those paints out, girl. You will be rewarded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course, pin away! I'm going to add a pin it button, if I can figure out how to, LOL
    vicki

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment I love reading them and really appreciate you taking the time to let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

Review of a Kick Spindles Or Mother Marion to spin

When I made the decision to buy a Kick spindle I could find very little info on it, anywhere. Below is what I gathered, bought and my experience with mine. I could only find two being marketed, since I purchased mine I have found a third. Below is my views on the Kick spindle I purchased (Little Meggie from Heavenly Handspinning), and some info on all of the other Kick Spindles that I could locate. Links and costs are included. Review: Things I like about my Kick Spindle. 1. Long spin time, I like the addition of the ball bearing. 2. Leaves both hands free to draft 3. It's my "wheel" 4. I like using my foot, I am moving around and don't get stiff from one position. It's a very "active" type, rhythmic motion. 5. You can actually stand and use it also. 6. Great price point. 7. I have never spun on a wheel and when I sat down at one the first time, I could actually spin (some) I think this action of foot/hand coordination helped. 8.

Aran Shrug, Bridesmaid Wrap, Baby Bunting Pattern free

Here is the start of my "Bridesmaid wrap" from " Wedding Knits " by Suss Cousins. I am making it out of heavier yarn, From Handpainted yarns I love the yarn it is so soft and the colors are beautiful. The wrap is made in mohair in the book. I plan on making it a shorter wrap, due to the heavier yarn. I hope it turns out OK . If you check out the book link, there is photo of it. If you want a free Bridesmaid wrap pattern this is a lovely one from Knitty! I made this baby bunting, on the spur of the moment, just playing around. I used one skein of red heart yarn, and a small amount of the fun fur yarn in a coordinating color. Cast on 80 stitches at 4 sts /inch. Knit in the round, until 24 inches long. If you would rather knit flat, knit even rows, purl odd rows. Add Fun fur yarn, or other novelty yarn for the last 10 rows. Bind off, using a very loose bind off. I like to use the Elizabeth Zimmerman method of the Sewn Bind off

Crochet A Plant Hanger (easy)

It is getting frosty here and the leaves are turning beautiful colors. I had a mass die off of plants, (well, due to my neglect), I did revive a few by repotting.  I brought in some plants from the deck, which Mother Nature took better care of. I decided to hang the larger plants, to save space and didn’t have any plant hangers. I prefer to put my plants in plain clay pots, and had already made my StuffMart run for the week. I got online and looked around for an easy DIY plant hanger. Of course I couldn’t find what I was looking for, although I found some really cute ones that I will link at the end. I was going to macramĆ© one, but when I found some crochet patterns, I thought that would be faster and just as pretty. I looked around and did find a unopened ball of jute, opened it up and got my crochet needle out and started playing around. I’ll place links in the directions in case you don’t know how to crochet, this is super easy. Crochet Plant Hanger (easy) You can customize t