Skip to main content

Where is my sewing machine?

220px-Bradypus

In my “moving like a sloth” period I was looking for a tutorial for a fleece poncho with a hood, maybe sewing something will make me feel like I’m accomplishing something *snort*. I found lots of ideas but then came upon this site that I had to share. I swear you will find something you need, even if you don’t, it is rather addicting looking through the links.

Sewing Stuff, free online sewing patterns, but don’t let the title mislead you, it is a super compilation of links. In the process I found more good blogs to follow, and some interesting ideas. (she has knitting and crochet, quilts, etc.… links also)

From Halloween costumers and underwear to moccasins and hair scrunchies to lawn mower covers and mermaid dolls. Need a portfolio cover or interested in recycling? Charity sewing? Going to a Renaissance Fair? There is a section for you. Keep looking, don’t stop at the top, the more you look, the more you have to look.

I love the portfolio cover, I was just going to buy something similar from thirty one, this one is better!

31organizergreeting_portfolio

ThirtyOne organizer (left)                          Amy Butler small and large right (link to free pdf)

 

Need a casserole cover? Perfect time of the year for this! Hey in the Midwest everyone needs one of these…because food is the perfect thing to bring in any situation! http://elisabeth-dixiedoodles.blogspot.com/2008/04/cozy-toter-casserole-dish-carrier.html Thanks DixieDoodles!

April 25, 2008 22841

Or have you desperately wanted you DH to cover that motorcycle in your family room that he has been working on? No joke, where else would he want to take it apart? Well there is a pattern for that also, and lots of other covers for mowers etc..

motorcycle3

I found an amazing number of things that would be great gifts, and just handy stuff in general. In these green, on a  budget, trying to simplify times, I think this has something for everyone.

There is a help section and if you don’t see something you are looking for a section to post that! If you are wondering who made this? A woman named Mary, you can see a little about her here.

Have Fun!! I never made that poncho that lead me to Mary’s site, but I have lots other ideas now.

sewing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of a Kick Spindles Or Mother Marion to spin

When I made the decision to buy a Kick spindle I could find very little info on it, anywhere. Below is what I gathered, bought and my experience with mine. I could only find two being marketed, since I purchased mine I have found a third. Below is my views on the Kick spindle I purchased (Little Meggie from Heavenly Handspinning), and some info on all of the other Kick Spindles that I could locate. Links and costs are included. Review: Things I like about my Kick Spindle. 1. Long spin time, I like the addition of the ball bearing. 2. Leaves both hands free to draft 3. It's my "wheel" 4. I like using my foot, I am moving around and don't get stiff from one position. It's a very "active" type, rhythmic motion. 5. You can actually stand and use it also. 6. Great price point. 7. I have never spun on a wheel and when I sat down at one the first time, I could actually spin (some) I think this action of foot/hand coordination helped. 8.

Aran Shrug, Bridesmaid Wrap, Baby Bunting Pattern free

Here is the start of my "Bridesmaid wrap" from " Wedding Knits " by Suss Cousins. I am making it out of heavier yarn, From Handpainted yarns I love the yarn it is so soft and the colors are beautiful. The wrap is made in mohair in the book. I plan on making it a shorter wrap, due to the heavier yarn. I hope it turns out OK . If you check out the book link, there is photo of it. If you want a free Bridesmaid wrap pattern this is a lovely one from Knitty! I made this baby bunting, on the spur of the moment, just playing around. I used one skein of red heart yarn, and a small amount of the fun fur yarn in a coordinating color. Cast on 80 stitches at 4 sts /inch. Knit in the round, until 24 inches long. If you would rather knit flat, knit even rows, purl odd rows. Add Fun fur yarn, or other novelty yarn for the last 10 rows. Bind off, using a very loose bind off. I like to use the Elizabeth Zimmerman method of the Sewn Bind off

Crochet A Plant Hanger (easy)

It is getting frosty here and the leaves are turning beautiful colors. I had a mass die off of plants, (well, due to my neglect), I did revive a few by repotting.  I brought in some plants from the deck, which Mother Nature took better care of. I decided to hang the larger plants, to save space and didn’t have any plant hangers. I prefer to put my plants in plain clay pots, and had already made my StuffMart run for the week. I got online and looked around for an easy DIY plant hanger. Of course I couldn’t find what I was looking for, although I found some really cute ones that I will link at the end. I was going to macramé one, but when I found some crochet patterns, I thought that would be faster and just as pretty. I looked around and did find a unopened ball of jute, opened it up and got my crochet needle out and started playing around. I’ll place links in the directions in case you don’t know how to crochet, this is super easy. Crochet Plant Hanger (easy) You can customize t