Skip to main content

How to get your Knitting Mojo back…..

MOJO (from the urban dictionary)

N
1. Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp. In context of contest or display of skill.
2. Good luck fetish / charm to bolster confidence.
3. ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude

She lost his mojo when she had to frog her socks five times.
She got her mojo back now.

mojo

Above is the PowerPuff girl villain Mojo Jojo

I stepped back and took at look at why I was having knitting project problems. How many times do I just keep hitting my head against the wall without stopping to think and look at the problem. Ok, so I stopped and looked……

If I have knitting problems, I usually think it is one of three things (or a combo of them)

1. Yarn, wrong yarn for the project. Yarn I don’t like.

So I looked at the yarn, no, it is yarn I’ve used before and  I like this type of yarn.

2. The pattern isn’t making me happy, flawed pattern or not the right pattern for the yarn.

No I’ve used this pattern many times before.Besides I already frogged the toe up pattern and switched to this one, still problems…

3. The needles, wrong type, size, (gauge, well this is a whole separate topic).

OK, no I hate the needles…..Yay! I’m off to get new needles…

006

I was using two circular needles of different types. One of them was  a very old circular with a horrible join, that I had to push the stiches over each time I came to it. That begin said, I love the two circular needle technique, a la Cat Bordhi.

To my LYS!!

007

Great Addi Turbo needles

009

Back and now that I’ve purchased needles that were a wee bit more expensive that I wanted, I decided I would use them many times over thus saving myself money in the long run. Right????

After chancing to the new needles, Yay, I can breath while I’m knitting! First sock done! Now on to the 2nd!

002

Now to tackle the sweater I’m knitting, well that is another post…..and problem,

Until then,

Happy knitting

Comments

  1. My biggest problem is I get bored with my projects. Second to that is having the wrong yarn/pattern.

    I've used Boye needles almost exclusively for over 40 years so I'm a bit nervous about changing now. I need some new ones and will probably stick with Boye when I buy them but Cat's needles look really nice. I like the join.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny to me, because there are periods I go through the same thing:) At least you got a pair of socks out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki! Long time no see-o!

    I've just returned to Addi Turbos after being on bamboo kick all summer. And I wonder why I left?!?! Still like the bamboo (especially Plymouth Yarn and Crystal Palace) but LOVE those Addis!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment I love reading them and really appreciate you taking the time to let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

Review of a Kick Spindles Or Mother Marion to spin

When I made the decision to buy a Kick spindle I could find very little info on it, anywhere. Below is what I gathered, bought and my experience with mine. I could only find two being marketed, since I purchased mine I have found a third. Below is my views on the Kick spindle I purchased (Little Meggie from Heavenly Handspinning), and some info on all of the other Kick Spindles that I could locate. Links and costs are included. Review: Things I like about my Kick Spindle. 1. Long spin time, I like the addition of the ball bearing. 2. Leaves both hands free to draft 3. It's my "wheel" 4. I like using my foot, I am moving around and don't get stiff from one position. It's a very "active" type, rhythmic motion. 5. You can actually stand and use it also. 6. Great price point. 7. I have never spun on a wheel and when I sat down at one the first time, I could actually spin (some) I think this action of foot/hand coordination helped. 8.

Aran Shrug, Bridesmaid Wrap, Baby Bunting Pattern free

Here is the start of my "Bridesmaid wrap" from " Wedding Knits " by Suss Cousins. I am making it out of heavier yarn, From Handpainted yarns I love the yarn it is so soft and the colors are beautiful. The wrap is made in mohair in the book. I plan on making it a shorter wrap, due to the heavier yarn. I hope it turns out OK . If you check out the book link, there is photo of it. If you want a free Bridesmaid wrap pattern this is a lovely one from Knitty! I made this baby bunting, on the spur of the moment, just playing around. I used one skein of red heart yarn, and a small amount of the fun fur yarn in a coordinating color. Cast on 80 stitches at 4 sts /inch. Knit in the round, until 24 inches long. If you would rather knit flat, knit even rows, purl odd rows. Add Fun fur yarn, or other novelty yarn for the last 10 rows. Bind off, using a very loose bind off. I like to use the Elizabeth Zimmerman method of the Sewn Bind off

Crochet A Plant Hanger (easy)

It is getting frosty here and the leaves are turning beautiful colors. I had a mass die off of plants, (well, due to my neglect), I did revive a few by repotting.  I brought in some plants from the deck, which Mother Nature took better care of. I decided to hang the larger plants, to save space and didn’t have any plant hangers. I prefer to put my plants in plain clay pots, and had already made my StuffMart run for the week. I got online and looked around for an easy DIY plant hanger. Of course I couldn’t find what I was looking for, although I found some really cute ones that I will link at the end. I was going to macramĆ© one, but when I found some crochet patterns, I thought that would be faster and just as pretty. I looked around and did find a unopened ball of jute, opened it up and got my crochet needle out and started playing around. I’ll place links in the directions in case you don’t know how to crochet, this is super easy. Crochet Plant Hanger (easy) You can customize t