Skip to main content

This and that, links to free knitting and crochet patterns and more....or everyone is getting ready for a budget minded Christmas

I am a Internet knitting and crochet pattern aholic. I love free patterns, and there are so many of them online. Who isn't trying to save money for any gift giving that we do. Here are some I found that you may enjoy making for the Holidays.

Fingerless Crochet driving gloves by LionBrand yarns, I like these! They are different than any of the "fingerless gloves" I have seen before. I have made the LionBrand patterns before, and recommend them. Although they are shown on a woman, I plan to make a pair for a man. If you use the recommended yarn by LionBrand these would cost about $5 to make.

crochet driving gloves

Next pattern is also crochet, this one is from Berrocco, it is a unusual felted hat. The instructions call to crochet it, felt it, and cut it out. Sounds mistake proof, If you use the Alpaca yarn called for the cost would be approximate. 11.50 or so.

gelsomina_op

A free sock pattern that is fun is "tipsy" by Gina House from Sleepy Eyes Knit blog, (go to her blog and check out other great patterns!), this is a good sock pattern, easy, yet has a pattern, and if you use the recommended yarn, adds a great extra visual kick! Check out the pattern and her blog. The pattern calls for Sereknity yarn sock options in Pretty in Punk. That will run you around $20 and the colors are delicious from Black forest fudge to Tree frog and Wattamelon.

show_image_in_imgtag

And then I found these super cute knitted mini stockings, free pattern from Joann's store. I always want to knit a stocking for everyone. With these mini ones, you can do it! And they are so cute. Also a good way to use up your yarn stash! If you use the yarn called for Sensations™ Soles & More sock yarn, I don't think you will be disappointed, I have used it before and at a price between 3-5$ it is a deal. 75% wool, 25% Nylon. You can splurge and get all the colors you want and go crazy with little stocking. I can see a whole tree done in sock ornaments!

P409891_knitted_mini_stockings_r

Happy holiday knitting!!

May your needles fly as fast as dragonflies!!

 

 

 

Bookmark and Share

Comments

  1. I have used the Soles and More yarn, the gray in fact. I have found it to be softer than some of the imported yarns (like On-line). YMMV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the ideas! I like those gloves. It's funny; I actually just bought two balls of Soles and More today. I really want to make some mini-socks now =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12/01/2008

    I love the felted hat pattern. So unusual! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment I love reading them and really appreciate you taking the time to let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

Review of a Kick Spindles Or Mother Marion to spin

When I made the decision to buy a Kick spindle I could find very little info on it, anywhere. Below is what I gathered, bought and my experience with mine. I could only find two being marketed, since I purchased mine I have found a third. Below is my views on the Kick spindle I purchased (Little Meggie from Heavenly Handspinning), and some info on all of the other Kick Spindles that I could locate. Links and costs are included. Review: Things I like about my Kick Spindle. 1. Long spin time, I like the addition of the ball bearing. 2. Leaves both hands free to draft 3. It's my "wheel" 4. I like using my foot, I am moving around and don't get stiff from one position. It's a very "active" type, rhythmic motion. 5. You can actually stand and use it also. 6. Great price point. 7. I have never spun on a wheel and when I sat down at one the first time, I could actually spin (some) I think this action of foot/hand coordination helped. 8.

Aran Shrug, Bridesmaid Wrap, Baby Bunting Pattern free

Here is the start of my "Bridesmaid wrap" from " Wedding Knits " by Suss Cousins. I am making it out of heavier yarn, From Handpainted yarns I love the yarn it is so soft and the colors are beautiful. The wrap is made in mohair in the book. I plan on making it a shorter wrap, due to the heavier yarn. I hope it turns out OK . If you check out the book link, there is photo of it. If you want a free Bridesmaid wrap pattern this is a lovely one from Knitty! I made this baby bunting, on the spur of the moment, just playing around. I used one skein of red heart yarn, and a small amount of the fun fur yarn in a coordinating color. Cast on 80 stitches at 4 sts /inch. Knit in the round, until 24 inches long. If you would rather knit flat, knit even rows, purl odd rows. Add Fun fur yarn, or other novelty yarn for the last 10 rows. Bind off, using a very loose bind off. I like to use the Elizabeth Zimmerman method of the Sewn Bind off

Crochet A Plant Hanger (easy)

It is getting frosty here and the leaves are turning beautiful colors. I had a mass die off of plants, (well, due to my neglect), I did revive a few by repotting.  I brought in some plants from the deck, which Mother Nature took better care of. I decided to hang the larger plants, to save space and didn’t have any plant hangers. I prefer to put my plants in plain clay pots, and had already made my StuffMart run for the week. I got online and looked around for an easy DIY plant hanger. Of course I couldn’t find what I was looking for, although I found some really cute ones that I will link at the end. I was going to macramé one, but when I found some crochet patterns, I thought that would be faster and just as pretty. I looked around and did find a unopened ball of jute, opened it up and got my crochet needle out and started playing around. I’ll place links in the directions in case you don’t know how to crochet, this is super easy. Crochet Plant Hanger (easy) You can customize t